Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What is your favorite seasoning for your favorite meal?


With the warmer weather upon us, it is time to try new recipes containing different flavorings of herbs and spices for your outdoor cooking. I invite you to share some of your favorites and which seasonings you enjoy using.

As an 18th century re-enactor, we enjoy using our "Garden Blend" herbal blend on a pork roast, slowly cooking near the firepit in a reflector oven. YUMMMMMMMMY!

Check out our etsy shop: http://www.bayberrymeadowherbs.etsy.com/ for a few of our herbal blends.

2 comments:

  1. Recipe by Suzy J.B.

    I have to tell you the scallops where out of this world.
    I placed scallops in a baking dish with some butter and sprinkle with Pernod
    Then I made a topping by slightly sautéing watercress, Spinach, parsley, scallions, breadcrumbs, & Pernod. Finish the topping with crisp crumbled bacon. The recipe was one I had for oysters that I altered for the Scallops. I was a way to get the kids to eat spinach. One liked the other not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recipe from Winter C.

    I got a little creative and used whole wheat spirals, Cabot cheddar, baked ham, and sundried tomatoes. After the fact, I thought that spinach would have been nice in there too! The kitchen smells good!

    ReplyDelete