Monday, December 24, 2012

What a Wonderful Year!!!!!

There has been a lot going this pass year with Bayberry Meadow and personally.

We attended a several Farmers' Markets that included being a guest vendor once a month in Coventry and Ellington.  When we were not off doing a colonial event, we were also at the Meriden market as well.  Unfortunately, due to our schedule, we were invited to attend the South Windsor market during the summer month, but could not fit the dates in.  Instead, we did their Winter Market for 4 weeks, where we were able to let people know of our product line and was able to attend for 3 weeks in December at the Coventry market.  LOVED seeing returning customers as well as the new friends I made this year!

Had gone to Los Angeles, California in June for a conference, which was my first time out west.  In July, I went to a colonial event at Fort Niagara.  It was awesome and made sure that I made time to spend one day in Canada.  Visited a couple botanical gardens while I was there.

I LOVED California so much, that I went again in August, but this time to Yosemite with my friend, Jo-Ann.  This was a trip that was in my bucket list for over 25 years.  The mountains were just glorious!!!!!  We stayed just outside the park area and we covered a different area each time we were there.  We would arrive between 9 or 10 in the morning and would watch the sunset at different parts of the park.  My favorite was when we were at Glacier Point, viewing Half Dome.  What a view!!!!!

 
 
What amazed me the most, was the terrain, how tress were able to grow from just about any area, including among the rocks.  The people there were very pleasant and yes, I did put it back into my bucket list, for another adventure there!
 



Then it was off to San Francisco.  Need I say more!!!!!

 
 
 
 
The Fall Season markets kept us busy with our handmade soaps, skin salves and whipped shea butters.  Many of our new customers were the younger generation with very sensitive skin or with skin conditions.  Our Savory Garlic blend was a huge success and we plan on having them in mason jars for the new year with our Garden Blend.  As for our teas, our collection of Colonial Teas with a bit of history was a big seller.  Our Superior Gunpowder, Lichee Congou, Young Hyson and Lapsang teas are similar to what was available during the 1600 - 1800s and what was thrown in the Boston Harbor during the Boston Tea Party.  Jasmine also has been a big hit this year as well.
 
So as we approach the new year, I want to thank everyone for stopping by our booth or encampment, to enjoy some of our products, learn a little about the history behind our products or just to say hello.  We could not have done it without you!!!!
 
May you all (especially those dear and close to my heart) have a wonderful holiday season with many blessings of happiness, love, health and peace for the New Year!!!!!!
 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment